We are a professional young couple looking for a live-out, experienced nanny to care for our daughter of 3 years. We’re expecting our second child in March. The right candidate would have at least two years experience in infant/child care and love children, be caring, responsible and trustworthy.
Greek speaking nanny is preferred but not essential.
Initially hours of work will be from 3pm-7pm, 5 days a week on weekdays (total of 20 hours of week). From March onwards, the hours of work will extend from 10am-6pm (total of 40 hours of week). The salary ranges £8-£11 NET per hour depending on experience.
We might require the candidate to babysit once or twice a month which will be paid overtime.
We are a non-smoking household and would prefer a non-smoker. We have no pets in our house.
We currently live in EC1R. Mother has flexible work arrangements and may work from home.
Sample duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• providing age-appropriate activities planning interesting things to do
• teaching Greek alphabet, reading and writing to 3-4 year old
• feeding pre-expressed or formula milk
• changing nappies and clothing
• putting child/children down for nap
• providing a safe environment
• helping child/children to learn through play
• creating a nurturing and stimulating environment
• tidying up and cleaning rooms used
• record-keeping for the family
• preparing healthy meals and snacks (based on parents’ guidelines)
• doing the baby’s laundry and ironing
• teaching basic social skills and hygiene
• potty training
• some cleaning and general housekeeping
Job qualifications and pre-requisites:
• at least 2 years of previous nanny experience
• verifiable references
• experience caring for children and infants
• good health and physical ability to care for an infant/toddler
• current first aid and CPR certification
• high school graduate
• training in child development/childhood education preferred
• clean background check
• non smoker
• spoken Greek bonus
• fluent English
• ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
• authorization to legally accept employment in the UK
• reliable, honest and trustworthy